SATURDAY, MAY 7, 2016
Key Bible Verse: Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ. (1 Corinthians 11:1, NIV)
Dig Deeper: Matthew 20:25-28
Your wife needs you to be the best Christian you can be. Let your wife and children see that effort. And then help them do the same.
- Let your wife and kids see and hear you pray.
- Seek forgiveness when you mess up.
- Give sacrificially to the church and other Christ-honouring causes.
- Read the Bible.
- Sing praise songs.
- Tell the truth.
- Meet regularly in small-group for Bible study.
- Seek wise Christian counsel when you face a tough challenge.
- Keep your pride in check.
- Flee sexual immorality.
- Tell others about Jesus.
Let your family see you do those things. Encourage them to do the same. Do, model, teach.
– Jay Payleitner in 52 Things Wives Need from Their Husbands
Copyright © 2016 by Christianity Today/Men of Integrity magazine and Promise Keepers Canada. All rights reserved.