WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2016
Key Bible Verse: Show love in everything you do. (1 Corinthians 16:14, CEV)
Dig Deeper: Colossians 3:12-15
Small but meaningful acts of service are the building blocks to any strong marriage. Small acts of kindness, service, and initiative all add up to a big deal.
You might be tempted to think, Doug, I’ve got some serious issues in my marriage, and you’re telling me to do small stuff? I need to do something that brings big change, or my marriage is in a serious world of hurt.
I get it. But here’s the real story: the neglect of doing little things is likely what led to the big issues, and it is the little things that can lead to big change!
Small actions that can add up to making huge differences in your relationship are everywhere, just waiting to happen:
- Going out to dinner where she wants to go.
- Knowing her favourite radio station and turning it on when she is in the car with you.
- Bringing home her favourite drink … just because.
- Getting out of bed to turn off the light when she was last to bed.
- Helping her put away the groceries.
- Giving her the last bite of your lunch.
- Doing some of her normal tasks without being asked.
– Doug Fields in 7 Ways to Be Her Hero
My Response: What are some small acts of kindness, service, and initiative that I can do to show my wife how much I care?
Thought to Apply: A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. – Amelia Earhart (pilot, writer)
Copyright © 2016 by Christianity Today/Men of Integrity magazine and Promise Keepers Canada. All rights reserved.