SATURDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2015
It’s tempting to define ourselves by what we do, comparing ourselves to other men and wondering how we measure up. But, fundamentally, our identities are defined by who we are in Christ, and not what we do. Once we understand that, we are freed to follow Christ’s incredible example of humility and servant-heartedness. We can forget about how we stack up against other men.
Key Study Passage: Philippians 2:3-11
- According to the last movie you watched, what are the characteristics of a real man?
- What are some ways that Christ’s example is different than the typical depiction of men in culture and the media?
- How is it possible to be humble and servant-hearted in a world that values “getting ahead”?
- What were some of the things that kept Christ on mission even in the face of terrible shame and suffering? (See also Heb. 12:2-3; 1 Pet. 2:23-24; John 12:23-33.)
- What are some ways you can display Christ’s attitude in your interactions with others?
Spend Time in Prayer: Ask Jesus to show you how to be the man he wants you to be with your unique gifts, challenges, and callings. Thank him for setting you free from the need to earn his and others’ approval.
Copyright © 2015 by Christianity Today/Men of Integrity magazine and Promise Keepers Canada , All rights reserved.