SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2016
In this weekend’s study passage, the psalmist heaps praise on God’s Word. To him, the words of the Lord are better than gold or honey, two things that are still much sought-after today. God’s words are eternal (Matt. 24:35) and, more importantly, they give us access to his heart. The more we delight in the Lord and in his Word, the more we will come to understand the joy it is to know, follow, and worship God as we were designed to do forever.
Key Study Passage: Psalm 19:7-11
- Make a list of the characteristics of the Word of God in this passage. Which ones stand out to you?
- How have you seen the Word of God speak into a situation in your life lately?
- What are some reasons it’s important to regularly study the Bible?
- What are some potential distractions from your time in the Word? How can you minimize those distractions?
- What are some ways that you could enhance your time in the Word?
Spend Time in Prayer: Thank God for his wonderful Word. Ask him to open your eyes to all the things he wants to show you as you spend time meditating on it.
Copyright © 2016 by Christianity Today/Men of Integrity magazine and Promise Keepers Canada. All rights reserved.